The communications and energy industries are perpetually gathering information for risk management from pipeline monitoring to encroaching trees and foliage on transmission lines.
Commercial drones are changing the way operators are auditing and inspecting wireless, and power line infrastructure by enabling a safer collection of high-resolution imagery and video of tower structures and equipment.
- Recent studies find 1 in 3 cell tower climbs may be eliminated when aerial drone inspection becomes a routine, safe, efficient unmanned aircraft exercise
- Locate potential hot spots within power transmission, distribution and substation systems
- Map an entire solar array within minutes to identify electrical shunt defects
- Perform maintenance on wind turbines with thermal to mitigate gearbox brake failure
- Locate hot spots on boiler tubes with thermal inspection before critical failures
- Detect thermal deficiencies in HVAC systems with thermal inspection